About Paws & Claws Vet
Why use Paws & Claws?
Our vet must have a valid veterinary license from NParks/AVS and extensive experience in a clinical setting. Our vet also has a strong interest in animal welfare and prioritises your pet's comfort. Our vet is also one of the only vets in Singapore who is Fear-free Certified.
We also offer home-based veterinary services for your convenience and your pet's comfort. This is especially suitable for pets with mobility issues, multiple pets needing veterinary attention, and pets who are anxious in a clinic setting.
What is Fear-Free?
Fear-Free is an initiative developed by many expert behaviourists and vet professionals to help reduce fear, anxiety and stress (FAS) experienced by animals. While many veterinarians deem FAS to be part-and-parcel of a pet's emotions during a vet visit, PCVS commits to better pet health and well-being based on an understanding of the detrimental effects of fear and stress on animal health, and the damage it does to the veterinarian-client-patient relationship
Fear-Free initiative starts before the actual trip to the hospital.
1. During your phone call to us, our Client Care Representative (CCR) will ask you a series of questions about your pet. This will include what his triggers, preferences and past vet experience are.
2. Our CCR will send you a Pre-Visit Questionnaire which is optional but recommended to be completed.
3. Ideally, your pet would have visited the clinic a few times before the actual visit to receive happy pets/ treats and conditioning.
4. Based on individual temperament and past vet experience, our vet may recommend pre-visit oral sedatives to help some animals feel more relaxed.
5. Our CCR will guide you through a plan of action: From tips for the car trip to the clinic, to what you can bring/do to help change your pet's impression of a vet visit from a negative to a positive one.
How do I make a housecall appointment?
Please whatsapp/text us at 8891 4417. We will reply shortly with questions to understand your pet's condition and appointment slots will be offered to you.
You will be required to make payment before consultation to confirm the appointment slot.
How can I cancel or reschedule my appointment?
Paws & Claws Vet adheres to a 24-hour cancellation policy.
Any cancellations with less than 24 hours notice to the housecall appointment are subject to a cancellation fee amounting to the cost of the consultation.
Any rescheduling within 24 hours of the appointment time will be subject to a $10 rescheduling fee.
For any cancellation or rescheduling requests, kindly contact us at 8891 4417 with your appointment details
Video/ Tele consultations
What application/program do I need for video consultations?
Most teleconsultations are carried out via Whatsapp video calls. If this is not available, please download the Zoom application/program on your device.
What do I need to prepare for a video consultation?
Please prepare the following items:
- Past medical records (if available)
- Weighing scale (if available)
- A well-lit area for your pet so that your pet can be assessed clearly
- Make sure your area has good network connectivity
What should I do if my video call has been disconnected?
Keep calm and our vet will call you back shortly. Kindly make sure your internet connection is working. If the problem persists, the teleconsultation will be rescheduled to the soonest time after.
What happens during a video consultation?
After assessing your pet via the teleconsult, our vet will choose to:
- Provide advice
- Prescribe medications/ treatment
- Recommend a house visit (in which case, if a housecall consultation is booked with Paws & Claws Vet, teleconsultation charges will be waived)
- Recommend referral to a clinic (with advice on specific clinics)
Please note not all conditions are suitable for treatment via teleconsultation. Our vet is dedicated to providing the best advice and care. As such, our vet may sometimes recommend that you visit a vet clinic for further diagnostics or treatments.
At the end of each consultation, you will receive a consultation summary via your Whatsapp or Email.